Right on the heels of the 2019 United Nations Global Climate Summit in New York, SustainableQATAR is releasing its new logo and launching its new brand as one of Qatar’s active volunteer organizations offering concrete and realistic steps toward reducing greenhouse gas emissions at the grassroots level.
Welcome to SustainableQATAR
SustainableQATAR is an independent, action-based volunteer organization. We are a think and do tank that addresses environmental sustainability in Qatar.
Founded in 2008, SustainableQATAR raises awareness, shares actionable knowledge, encourages connections and collaboration between individuals and groups, and actively engages members of the public, private, and government sectors to take environmental sustainability action.
SustainableQATAR fills an important and much needed niche in information and knowledge sharing and dissemination. SustainableQATAR reaches, serves, and represents a broad spectrum of Qatar society regardless of nationality or status. We believe that the achievement is not only in the interactions with SustainableQATAR, but also in knowing that inspired members leaving Qatar want and do continue to invest time and effort into urgent global climate issues that matter, within families and workplaces, amplifying SustainableQATAR’s impact on climate resilience.
SustainableOman is a direct result of expanding SustainableQATAR’s efforts regionally.
The images used in sustainableqatar.com reflect the diversity of the natural environment in Qatar. Sponge and Shells photos by MaryBeth Stuenkel. All other photos by Katrin Scholz-Barth.
- Desert plants (What We Do, Contact)
- Qatar soil after rain (History, News & Media)
- Sunrise over the Singing Dunes (Vision & Goals)
- Native succulent Tetraena qatarense germinated after spring rain (Who We Are, Stay in Touch)
- Sponge on the beach near Zekreet (Get Involved)
- Senna italica at Mesaieed Industrial City (Volunteer)
- Entrance to Sheikh Faisal Museum, Shahanya (Partners)
- Ficus religiosa trees, American School of Doha (Sustainable Initiatives in Qatar)
- Shells at Umm Bab (Interesting Links)